Ditch The Sugars For Better Health
Sugar is not an evil part of your diet, however, the amount of sugar most of us consume can lead you to bad health. Sugar has a unique character, the more we have, the more our body craves for it. The need for more amount of sugar has created obesity and other health complications in today’s life.
Cutting out sugar from your diet in the form of avoiding added sugar products is a traditional method, but the problem is that added sugar quietly sneaks into our diet. The “healthy” processed foods that we think is good for our body like peanut butter, protein bars, whole wheat bread are usually loaded with the added sugar in the form of honey, syrups, nectars, etc. Consuming sugar from natural sources like fruits and dairy is acceptable in a limit. Have you ever imagined that what would happen if you ditch sugar?
There are multiple health benefits of ditching sugar from your diet, or even just by avoiding it as much as we can. Let’s check out for the health benefits by cutting sugar.
1. You feel energetic: Removing added sugar food items from your diet and including slow-digesting protein and snacks that are rich in healthy fat, can really help you to keep your energy balanced all day long.
2. You can reduce belly fat: Added sugar is a direct source of calories and extra weight to your body. Once you swap your added sugar meals with fiber-rich foods, you can start noticing a slimmer waistline. It is because your body starts burning your belly fat in the absence of added sugars and blesses you with a toned stomach.
3. Lowers down the risk of Type 2 diabetes: Every 5 percent of the added sugar from the total calorie intake increases the risk of diabetes by 18 percent. Hence, if you consume 1800 calories a day, the maximum amount of sugar intake should not be more than 24 grams. Consumption of 8 ounces of coke, adds 2 more grams of sugar intake than you should.
4. Lowers down your risk of obesity: Obesity is one of the preventable causes of death in the USA and it affects one-third of the population. One of the easiest ways to prevent yourself from this risk is to cut off the sugar from your diet such as soda, sweetened cereals, processed foods, refined grains, etc. and you will be able to avoid those extra calories that are gathering around your waistline.
5. Improves your heart health: The consumption of sugar increases bad cholesterol in your body and according to the American Heart Association, the reduction in sugar intake lowers down the risk of dying from heart disease.
6. Prevents from tooth decay: Sugar is the root cause of cavities and decay in the children as well as in adults. Cutting of sugar can save your pearly whites.
7. Improves your skin: Avoiding sugar can also benefit your skin from aging. The absence of sugar allows the collagen to stay pliable and strong.
8. Helps you to sleep better: The consumption of sugar during a day may give you restless nights. Also, even if you wake up, the sugar in your body can make you feel sleepy and exhausted. It simply means that too much consumption of sugar during the day time can work out as an energy drainer.
9. Helps you to strengthen your muscles more effectively: Sugar consumption also affects your body’s ability to synthesize protein into muscles.
10. Helps you to stay focus: Consumption of sugar-rich diet can impair brain functions or can amplify the symptoms of depression. Replace your snacking with food like walnuts, green tea, beetroot to stay focused.
Sugar cleanse is not a quick fix, instead it is a part of the lifestyle that will keep you healthy and active in a longer span of time. Therefore, start ditching sugar for better health.